Monday, September 27, 2010

Gettin things done

So before I left for Boston, I had to take care of some business. I was having some issues with my dial on my shoe slipping while I was sprinting-so I figured it was time to change it out. It isn't too hard to do, a bit tedious, but with the right tools it was a breeze.....

I love my Specialized shoes(once they are broken in) and they've been through a hard season and I'm just now having to replace the dial, in my book, that's getting your money's worth. I would tell Specialized that the only flaw is that the dial is made of plastic and over time and usage the plastic wears down and slips....that's why they need replacing.


This is the dial's guts....
The only real tricky part is remembering how the wire weaves through the maze on the dial....
The new dial...
The tools needed.....the smallest tool, bikes shops usually don't have that tool, so if you have one, hang on to it and travel with it because they are HARD to find......

Needle nose pliers are what cha need for the dial's wire
Flashlight, cause those holes are tiny
Cutters to snip the end of the wire from the previous dial
Sharp tool to keep the wire in place while pulling it tight....


So now on to the fun stuff!!! After I fixed my shoes, I had received my track parts and it was time to open all the boxes and check it out! Shimano sent me some KILLER stuff!! Thanks guys!! Plus Mavic hooked me up a wheelset, so now the pieces just have to fall/fit into place....

But it will have to wait till I get back from Boston......which I will update in another post soon:)



Track bottom bracket
14/15T cogs
Cranks-165
48/49 Chain rings
Mavic wheels-Ellipse, aluminum

Sprint Bars-Specialized Pista

No comments:

Post a Comment