Friday, October 8, 2010

The latest

This picture is actually from another hike but it was so cool and fun I had to post it....
Coming down this part was a bit scary, I guess since I've never experienced anything like that before....
The trail heading down....
The Aspens are absolutely beautiful...

"It's this way, come on!"...
One of the many beautiful views....


Good morning blogging world!! Life is goooooood.......since the off season has started, I've enjoyed some great hikes, a bit of disc golf, some mountain biking and last but NOT least, I've learned how to knit!! YEP that's right....KNIT!

The pictures are from my hike with Michael. The trail started at 10,200ft and dropped to 9,000ft in an hour walk. We never reached 'the end' but I could tell it was going to be hard as hell to get out, so I made an executive decision to turn around....oh boy, it hurt! But it was absolutely beautiful!

The hike was on a Friday, on Saturday I hit the mountain bike trails just up from the house-Boggy Draw and did a couple of loops-by now my lower back is SO MAD at me, so I called it a day. Plus, something was wrong with my rear shock, so it was time to take the Epic in for a look:( Come to find out the shock is blown-man I didn't know I was so tough;)! hahah!

Sunday was a 'yoga retreat' in the morning, a good 2hr session of zen stuff......then it was time for a round of disc golf. Since it has been 5 years since I've played, the start was REALLY rough but over the next 18 holes, I got my throw down but my putting still needs a lot of work! haha!

I've been hiking more and checking things off my list, like learning a new craft-knitting! Mom and dad called me a hippie but when mom gets her amazing scarf for Christmas she will be loving my new craft;) No pictures yet sorry....

So there you have it.....I will be back on the bike a bit when I go home next week and then time to start thinking about 2011.....wow that was fast!

See you guys later! Go outside and play!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had mountains in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Ha... if you like to knit, you need to learn to crochet- so much better to me because you only hold one needle. Keep it up!! Martha will love her scarf i know!

    ReplyDelete