Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Year's Eve

What did I do for New Year's Eve celebration?

1. Go nordic skiing for a couple of hours in freezing cold weather(my nose hairs froze).
2. Take Miller for a walk to the store(him playing in the snow the whole way).
3. Make pizza crust and get all the toppings ready to take to my friends' house.
4. Eat homemade pizza, drink wine and then......sauna!!!!


The fun thing about sitting in 160 degree sauna(yes, that's hot enough for me-Ms. Sweatsalot) is that when you get to hot, you run outside to -3 degree temps and sit in the snow-ahhhhhhhh, nothing like sitting outside in your towel while watching the steam just roll off of you and your friends.

Then you get cold and run back inside and all of a sudden 160 degrees feels all cozy and perfect:)

So I didn't make it till midnight, so what.....as I told everyone last night, "This is probably one of the healthiest NYE parties I've ever been a part of." Thank you to my awesome peeps....

Sauna really takes it out of you, I barely remember the walk home and falling into bed and a sweet slumber! A great way to start the new year.....


Whoa, a little close up!
Yes, the snow is above my head while sitting in a chair....
It's not a bad picture, that's just all the steam coming off everyone:)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I'm cold or sweating... ;) but I like it!

    ReplyDelete