Friday, January 13, 2012

Speed Dome and other happenings

It's been another productive, hard week of training, as a matter of fact I just woke up from a nap-been doing that well these last couple of days:)

I've been enjoying the training sessions, learning the roads and getting to know my way around town. I'm trying to learn everyone's names: on the group rides, the kids at the track and friends we meet everywhere else - getting it! LOADS of chamois time, been out to dinner a couple of nights and overall enjoying my experience and time here in Perth. I've been riding group rides with the South Perth Rouleurs - great people and good riding, then spending quality afternoons at the track with the WAIS coaches and kids. The pictures below include the sunset view at the Indiana Tea House at Cottesloe Beach, the Speed Dome(velodrome) and my training buddies and good friends - Amber Rais and Davina Summers out and about.

Tomorrow we head to Fremantle for a little shopping, eatin and touring the Fremantle Prison, more blogs to come;)



Beautiful sunset = a glorious end to an amazing day.....
Goofing along the bike path, Swan River and Perth city in the background....
Still goofin....
Looking at the last turn from the pits....
Start/finish straight....
Athlete entrance...
Amber, myself and Davina, still smiling, even after some awesome training sessions...

Eating: 2 breakfasts, 1 at 5am, ride, then eat again at 9 or 10:)
Reading: The Western Australian - local newspaper
Watching: everyone I talk to on Skype
Listening: the radio in the house it's on a great station
Drinking: loads of water

No comments:

Post a Comment