Sunday, April 8, 2012

Energiewacht Tour

The Energiewacht Tour is now in the books and filed under my first stage race over here. Someone asked me the other day, which is more tired - your legs or your head. It is mentally exhausting doing these races.

It's the same in the States but a bit different: when things are compressed to small roads and more women, all different languages and riding styles. It's like starting over, not knowing who to trust, who to follow and learning exactly who everyone is and what to expect from them as competitors.

I did my first double day: road race in the morning and team TT in the afternoon. That was my first team TT also. All of it was soaked into my brain and filed away for future and it was all put in the legs - wow. Eating dinner tonight my arms were tired! hahaha!

I'm proud of my teammates and proud to be a part of this with Team TIBCO.

Next up is a week of resting and recovering for the next race which is next Sunday - Ronde van Gelderland.


Number pinning on the way to that day's stage....
The view of most rides to and from the races....
Holland's 'highways' .....
The town center where the team TT started, beautiful but SO COLD!

Amanda and Sam staying warm before the TTT....
Wheeler - admiring the fence? Or stretching?
The housing was a buzzin everyday with teams and their staff.....
About to pull out for the last time....
The Amiras heading out....

More pics here: http://www.sportfoto.nl/ - it's like an Easter egg hunt for myself and my teammates!

Reading: The Sweet Life in Paris - still....
Listening: Regina Spektor - Man of a Thousand Faces
Watching: the wind outside and being thankful I'm done for the day;)
Eating: Oranges
Feeling: tired...

2 comments:

  1. Eating: Oranges...and...stroop waffles? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    I'm a cyclist who grew up in Vicksburg, just retired from MSU and living in Starkville. I really enjoy reading your blog. Hang in there. Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of fun. I'll be watching for you in the GC. Take care, David

    ReplyDelete