Friday, October 12, 2012

Family time

The last 2 days of track nationals was the points race and the madison.  My madison partner was the same from last year - Kate Wilson, young rider(19), up and coming, great girl - and without practicing at all, we took second.  Great job in my book.  I took 4th in the points race, nothing special there.

After Nationals I flew to Asheville, N.C. to see my brother, his wife and my sweet, sweet niece - Alexandra.  She is 8 months old and such a good baby!  Mom and dad drove up on Friday and we had a long weekend at Ben's house.  We went for walks, floated the French Broad, went shopping, ate good food and enjoyed fires outside at night.  Wednesday, we left Ben's in the morning and arrived in Vicksburg, MS that afternoon and I will be here till the 22nd.  In that time we are headed to Olive Branch  to see my other brother, Tully and his wife and my nephew(6yrs old).  We are going to watch him play soccer - he must take after his aunt;) - and have some fun in Memphis, TN.

In between traveling and visiting family, dad has me doing all kind of 'projects'.  I call it active, recovery, slaving, start of off season;) hahahahah! Joking.... I really LOVE it.

Enjoy some photos....

 Baby checking out her new carrier..... I think she likes it.
 When traveling with dad, always expect BBQ from somewhere....
 Dad's catfish bird houses.... who wants one?! Aren't they cute?
 Smile for the picture!
 Ben and baby...
 Christmas party idea?! I think so!
Verka!
 My new headpiece....
 My seat for a couple of days....
 Ben and Alexandra..
 Alligator made from Cypress knees...
 Walking the trail down to the river...
 Alligator head placement;)
 Sittin round the fire...
Dad and Alexandra...


Watching: Behind the Barriers
Eating: BBQ!
Reading: My Cave Life in Vicksburg
Website: European racing schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment