Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas time and back to Colorado

And just like that, all the planning, all the recipes, all the cooking, smiles and worn out evenings - Christmas is over:( poo.  It went by so fast! I didn't get to see near enough of my friends but I had a wonderful time with the family, my brother, sis-in-law, my sweet, sweet niece and all of my uncles and aunts.  It was wonderful!

I enjoyed cooking for the family and I'm pretty sure mom and dad were very thankful too.  We ate GOODDDDDD:)!

I was able to ride my bike every day that I needed to, walked in the park with dad a couple of times, caught the local group ride and had fun with all the heckling and before I knew it, I was back on a plane to Colorado.  But I was sure glad to be home, flying over the snow capped mountains, the high mountain air and all things I love - this is home.

Now it's go time, time to become a full bore cyclist again.  The season is approaching FAST and team e-mails have started, fitting bikes has started and camp organization has started.  I'm excited about the upcoming season, I'm always excited about bike racing.  So next up is a bit of skiing here before heading somewhere warm for lots of miles.  I'll update when I get somewhere and get settled into a routine(a week or so).  Until then, here are some pictures from home and traveling.....

 Headed to the airport before Christmas...
 Day before flying, first ski session of the year...
 One of the trails.
 The afternoon view after skiing....
 Not the best driving conditions but it's a lot better now...
 Good morning beautiful snow!
 Some cool pictures of Vicksburg back in the day! We knew panoramic shots were cool WAY before Apple's iphone did;)...
 A monument in the park, it was a great place to go as kids and look for ghosts!
 The Cairo boat in the military park....
 A food joint in Vicksburg...
 Lost and found cars at my grandfather's house, T3 has too many toys;)!!
 You know you are in the south when the menu has it's own FRIED FOOD section...
 Such a wonderful place!
 Dad's walking club crew!
 Christmas Day MEAT!
 Starting her young;)....USAC should be watching....
The full moon my last day in Vicksburg, dad and I walking through the park...

Reading: A Daring Life, A Biography of Eudora Welty by Carolyn J. Brown
Watching: it snow outside:)
Listening: Trouble in Mind, Pat Donohue
Eating: for dessert: grapefruit- pealed and segments pulled apart, sprinkle with sugar, place on parchment paper lined sheet pan.  Broil for 2-3 min.  While that is cooking, mix plain greek yogurt with honey, then place the grapefruit segments on top. YUM!
Website: http://www.nps.gov/meve/planyourvisit/crosscountryskiing.htm

1 comment:

  1. It's nice having you home, I love your stories of life on the bike. So I guess it's good that you're back at it. I'm cheering for you super loud!!!

    ReplyDelete